Wireless communications and computing is one of the fastest growing areas of the networking industry. Wireless communications extends the capabilities present in the fixed networks to include location- and terminal- independent information transport and computing. We are developing new protocols and architectures for various types of wireless networks and mobile edge computing. The research topics of interest include wireless Internet, multi-hop wireless networks, mobility management, network architecture, control and signaling, hand-off, multi-access methods, spread spectrum techniques, etc.Please see Project SOPRANO for additional research activities.
Modeling efforts in this area include mathematical and simulation characterization of channels and networks. Specifically our research includes characterizing propagation media as multi-path fading and impairments in communications channel as well as modeling of networks for their single or aggregate traffic and admission control.
- N. Rastegardoost and B. Jabbari, "Minimizing Wi-Fi Latency With Unlicensed LTE Opportunistic White-Space Utilization," in IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications , vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 1914-1926, March 2019, doi: 10.1109/TWC.2019.2899312.
- E. Monroy, S. Choi and B. Jabbari, "Linear Precoding with Resource Allocation for MIMO Relay Channels," in IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications , vol. 12, no. 11, pp. 5704-5716, November 2013, doi: 10.1109/TWC.2013.093013.122002.
- C. A. St. Jean and B. Jabbari, "On game-theoretic power control under successive interference cancellation," in IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications , vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 1655-1657, April 2009, doi: 10.1109/TWC.2009.080317.
- B. Jabbari and W. F. Fuhrmann, "Teletraffic modeling and analysis of flexible hierarchical cellular networks with speed-sensitive handoff strategy," in IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 15, no. 8, pp. 1539-1548, Oct. 1997, doi: 10.1109/49.634792.
- B. Jabbari, "Teletraffic aspects of evolving and next-generation wireless communication networks," in IEEE Personal Communications , vol. 3, no. 6, pp. 4-9, Dec. 1996, doi: 10.1109/98.556473.
- E. H. Dinan and B. Jabbari, "Spreading codes for direct sequence CDMA and wideband CDMA cellular networks," in IEEE Communications Magazine , vol. 36, no. 9, pp. 48-54, Sept. 1998, doi: 10.1109/35.714616.
- S. Tekinay and B. Jabbari, "Handover and channel assignment in mobile cellular networks," in IEEE Communications Magazine , vol. 29, no. 11, pp. 42-46, Nov. 1991, doi: 10.1109/35.109664.
- S. Tekinay and B. Jabbari, "A measurement-based prioritization scheme for handovers in mobile cellular networks," in IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications , vol. 10, no. 8, pp. 1343-1350, Oct. 1992, doi: 10.1109/49.166761.