ECE 528 and 542, or equivalent.
The course covers the state of the art in theory and
applications of information switching and routing.
• Overview of circuit-switching and packet-switching
• Theory and applications of switching
• Switching in space and time
• Routing and Path Computation
• Link state and vector based routing examples
• Optical switching
• Switch and router architectures
• Traffic engineering and performance analysis
• QoS and routing
• Control architecture and signaling protocols
• Software, services and features